A.B. Chance Helical Pier Foundation Systems
A.B. Chance Helical Pier ® Foundation Systems offer a technically superior and cost-effective alternative to other remedial systems. A.B. Chance, the manufacturer of the Helical Piering System, is the world's largest piering manufacturer and is backed by more than 90 years of engineering experience.
The A.B. Chance Helical Pier ® Foundation System is installed solely by contractors, such as CJ Contracting, who have been certified by the Chance Company. Our installers are thoroughly trained and certified in installation procedures supported by extensive in house technical training, civil and structural engineer support, and the A.B. Chance Company. The A.B. Chance Helical Pier System has all national residential building code approvals.
The concept is founded on the principle of turning a screw anchor into stable subsoil strata until the torque applied indicates that the necessary load capacity has been achieved. The load-bearing steel shafts are screwed into the ground independent of the structure. Their bearing or holding capacity is verified as the system is installed ensuring accurate load data. Engineer designed brackets are then attached to the base of your foundation walls, connecting the screw anchors to the foundation. The weight of your home is then transferred to the screw anchors. With this process completed, your foundation, floors or walls can be repositioned and secured from future foundation movement. All A.B. Chance screw anchors are hot dipped galvanized to ASTM standard 153 ensuring long term durability.
Advantages of the A.B. Chance Helical Pier ® Foundation Systems:
- World's Largest Manufacturer of Helical Pier Foundation Systems
- A time-proven, versatile and technically sound system
- Lower cost - both for the system and its installation
- Faster installation than other methods
- Very limited excavation - site is minimally disturbed
- No heavy equipment required
- Installs in limited-access areas
- Used in new home construction to enhance foundation strength on sites with poor soil conditions
- Lifetime transferable warranty